The first solution sounds good to me.

Regards
JB

On 08/18/2012 07:19 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
TBH I personally would rather prefer:

- Karaf 2.2.x => OSGi core 4.2.0
- Karaf 2.3.x => OSGi core 4.3.0
- Karaf 3.x.y => OSGi core 4.3.0
- Karaf 4.x.y => OSGi core 5.0.0

or

- Karaf 2.2.x => OSGi core 4.2.0
- Karaf 2.3.x => OSGi core 4.3.0
- Karaf 3.x.y => OSGi core 5.0.0

I know that both options are not really optimal, but I don't think
that we really want to upgrade the inner core of the entire thing to
the next major version in a minor of Karaf. There where some API
changes from a user lvl of view which disallow to drop the same bundle
into a 4.2/4.3 environment and a 5.0. I do not really fancy the idea
of breaking compatibility between minor releases. If ppls setup break
from one minor to the next they lost trust and upgrade ways too late
although there should be no reason.

WDYT?

Kind regards,
Andreas