It makes sense, and I agree with you, sometime users are lost to find
the right solution.
Karaf examples show a "panel" of what you can do, in different ways.

I would propose a full application, more "directive" in the approach
used, a bit as we did in Decanter (adopting SCR everywhere, etc).

A full stack application running in Karaf (as example) would be great,
probably not as part of the Karaf examples, but more a karaf-tutorial or
karaf-boot isolated repo (not necessary at Apache).

Regards
JB

> Don't get me wrong. The karaf examples are great and do a good job in
> showing all the features karaf has.
> The big issue though is that the examples show a lot of ways of doing the
> same thing. This is the right choice when it is about showing the features
> of karaf.
> It is not good as an introduction for how to create a streamlined
> application as it offers too many choices.
>
> What I have in mind is a very opinionated and structured documentation that
> concentrates on one solution for each of the parts of an application. It
> also has to show how it all fits together. This is very different from the
> goals of the karaf examples.
>
> I remember well the discussion we had about the karaf examples and about
> how opinionated they should be. I think you were right about being not very
> opinionated for karaf examples. It fits the idea of the platform.
>
> Christian
>

> Am Do., 19. Sept. 2019 um 15:43 Uhr schrieb Julian Feinauer <
> j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>:
>
>> Thanks Christian, I will check out your stuff later on. Ideally I would
>> love to have a book about karaf and some osgi basics and ds... But I guess
>> that's a lot of work.
>>
>> So I think tutorials and examples are a good pragmatic compromise : )

>>> OSGi. I tried to do so with my tutorials but they are more like explained

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org