On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Tímár András wrote:
> In Hungarian when different affixes should be written after the
> %PRODUCTNAME we use a workaround - "%PRODUCTNAME program", and we put
> the affix after the word "program". Sometimes it looks awkward but there
> is no other choice.

Yes we too use that solution sometimes (e.g. "%PRODUCTNAME-ohjelmistossa"),
but it's a bit long in many cases and awkward especially when it's repeated
many times.

Well, I don't know if Sun actually even sells StarOffice in Finnish or other
non-official languages currently, so this might not be an issue. At least Sun
Finland is not interested in OOo at all. So if there are some differences, I
guess they can be easily fixed later, when Sun resumes releasing SO in
currently non-official languages. They would have to check the translations
anyhow, at least because of the legal notices that they contain.

Inflections of numbers might theoretically also cause problems, for example
"OpenOffice.org 2.0:ssa" vs "OpenOffice.org 2.0.1:ssä" (-ssa/-ssä), although I
can't find any occurrence in our translations. There's a workaround for this
problem that works in most cases.

-- Marko Grönroos, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)