On 26 déc. 07, at 17:51, Alessandro Cattelan wrote:

Jean-Christophe Helary ha scritto:
What are the practical benefits related to using Pootle ?

Basically, I see two main benefits:
- it let's you assign files to translators so that you know who's translating a given file; - it provides some statistics so that you know at a glance how many files or words need to be translated.

Ok, so the problem is that the current PO files, as provided by SUN using the oo2po convertion do not match the TMX contents so you can't work properly with them, right ?

So, if we could have PO files that match the TMX contents, we could use Pootle to do the file management and a different tool to do the translation itself.

Is that correct ?

Jean-Christophe Helary