On 8 févr. 08, at 00:41, F Wolff wrote:

Furthermore, I think it is important to note that these TMX files does
not follow the same unescaping rules of the new conversions done by
Translate Toolkit 1.1.  Of course, TMX files corresponding to the new
unescaping rules can be generated from the set of PO files with po2tmx
from the Translate Toolkit:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/po2tmx

Because they have been created directly from the SDF files and not from the PO files.

The translate toolkit is vastly over escaping strings. If you need a reference to see how proper escaping should be done, take a look at the PO files from the Debian distribution.

It would be nice if TT could comply with already established rules of the "industry" and not re-invent the wheel at each new release.

ps: do you also meant that TMX created with TT 1.1 are not compatible with TMX created with previous TT versions ? Why do you think you have the right to break our work because you suddenly decided to change your specs ?

Jean-Christophe Helary