On 13 févr. 08, at 14:16, Clytie Siddall wrote:

In response to our requests, the latest version of the Translate Toolkit actually has _less_ escaping than the SDF file. It replaces the extra escaping when you convert to SDF.

Sure, but the TMX that Rafaella delivered have _no_ escaping problems whatsoever.

It is the SDF->PO->TMX conversion that causes the incompatibilities that have been previously mentioned. The fact that the current SDF->PO- >TMX is "less bad" at delivering properly escaped (or not) files is not really relevant.

Also, the fact that TMX sets have different escape rules depending on the converter version defeats the purpose of TMXs... Do we need to reconvert megabytes of file sets every time there is a new version of TT ?

Jean-Christophe Helary