Hi Jean-Christophe,

Reiko, nice to talk to you again ;-),

Thank you Jean-Christophe for giving such a good overview.
To answer your first question, I can only talk about the review I performed on the UI which I did directly online into Pootle. I could not sort segments but since the UI objective wasn't that long (about 5500 words), I reviewed all strings. Sophie and I proceed the same way as usual for review, as we did before using Pootle: I review the files, make my comments in a separate file but do not implement corrections apart from punctuation issues, and send this file to Sophie; Sophie validates my comments and implements them, I guess, directly into Pootle. Sophie?

In a nutshell, we're still learning how to work best with Pootle ;-)
And as Jean-Christophe says, we'll have to get us organized differently for the next batch.

Hope this helps!
Kind regards,

Elsa

Jean-Christophe Helary schrieb:

On 19 févr. 08, at 11:38, Reiko Saito wrote:

Hi JC,

> I'll check tonight with a PO from Pootle and will get back to you later.
> Maybe on the ja list ?

Thanks!
That will be great.

Sorry, I was busy last night... I'll do that later today.

I am curious how French community is reviewing the translation ?

Sophie and Elsa will be able to reply, I am only a translator :)

How are you identifying the segments for review ?
I don't think you are reading all of the segments, but focus
on the newly tranlsated ones, right ?

I understand Pootle shows "Suggested" translation, but if there are
many segments, you are working off-line and upload them to Pootle,
I assume.

What we have done so far is that I translated the UI in Pootle because there were few segments and since I had forgotten (I am not used yet to the tool) that one could set the "suggested" flag instead of committing the translation Sophie had indeed to check all the UI strings...

We agreed to work with Suggested in a next batch.

If you are reviewing them only on Pootle, are you accepting
the new translation one by one ?  It seems to take time.

For the Help files, I think Sophie translated everything offline and I don't know how she managed the review (yet).

We still are in the process of adapting ourselves to the new tool.

As far as I see it, if one is used to OmegaT, shifting to Pootle is not that convenient. File assignment management can be made otherwise etc.

The next big batch of untranslated files will be, I guess, fully handled offline, review included. But we still have to discuss that.

Sophie, Elsa, any comment ?

Jean-Christophe Helary