Hi all,
Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

On 12 mars 08, at 21:26, André Schnabel wrote:

The workflow is quite the same as we used to have with sdf-files and OTE. So we have no real benefits, changed the tools (what means we need to learn new tools) and lost a lot of time experimenting.

Same here. I can see that some teams feel their workflow is improved with pootle/PO files and translate-toolkit magik but it is not the case for a number of others.

Just to add my opinion, for me Pootle is not a translation tool, but a
tool to monitor the workflow. No work can be done on Pootle other than
seeing the percentage of translation to be done ant its progress. For this function, it is useful. But we loose for example the Show Cheks functionality that could really for help the review.
The process is a bit shorter (if you don't use it to translate) because
we don't have the conversion scripts and gsi check to run, but
not easier.

Kind regards
Sophie