On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Choi, JiHui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Clytie Siddall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > My team also uses Wiktionary [1] as our central community glossary.
> >
> it's great idea. but sometimes it needs some specific glossaries. because some
> words have quite difference meaning in specific area. for instance,
> math, science,
> or graphics. in these case, general dictionary is not helpful. Thus I
> tried to make
> own glossary.
Hello,

One challenge with your approach is that it will not available online,
so it will be a little inconvenience sharing the glossary among your community.

To overcome such issue, Wiktionary is another way to share the glossary,
not only the OOo team benefits from Wiktionary, but all the Internet user.

I don't think I fully understand your intension.
For words those are context dependent like "over", "history":

1. Ask the developers where the words/sentences comes from
    and adapt the translate. This happens when we can not( or we don't want to)
   "test" the translation with OOo.

2. Startup OOo and test the translation. We will catch such translation bugs.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )