Frank Peters wrote:

> We have multiple options to avoid this in future:
>
> 1) introduce a normalization step that is triggered
>     when the helpcontent is built and that makes sure that
>     the content follows certain formatting rules

Building a source shouldn't modify it.

But perhaps it's enough to stop the build in case superfluous blanks
have been found and ask to apply a tool to the sources in question.

> 2) introduce and use a status flag that marks content
>     as to be (re)localized and has to be set explicitly

Manual steps will fail sooner or later.

> 3) introduce a filter on pootle that ensures that
>     insignificant changes are not reported
Perhaps a precommit hook in Mercurial can help?

> The best option would probably be 1). But this would mean
> that when introducing the normalization step, all content
> had to be normalized once initially which would bring
> l10n relevant changes.

If you want to keep the white spaces in the existing code base, you
could check the diffs instead of the source: a valid diff should be
identical with a diff ignoring white space changes.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".