Rimas Kudelis wrote:

Hi Rimas,

OK, with the hint of "Untested" it could work. I've to play with this
setup.
I tried to start with this but I still think we should not mix stable
and unstable builds together:

- even so all builds for Mac OS PPC (which are done by Maho) have to be
integrsted, currently there is no process for this and doing it
hand-by-hand is a mess

Oh right. But I think that's just the same problem as with Linux Itanium
and PPC builds. Untested builds could simply not be listed in this column.

it's not the same problem, because we have to insert the links by hand as it is not on the common mirror system. Doing this for install and langpack builds is, ahm, a lot of work as there is no automatic process.

- what do we do with stable releases that are older than the current RC?
E.g.:

Mac OS X PPC for en-US: 2.4.0 is the latest stable release and 3.1.1
RC2 is the most recent one. Both cannot be listed in a mixed table.

yeah, that's where I messed up with my table.... I'll employ ascii art
to illustrate my idea. Please switch to a monospace font:

+-----------------------+--------+----------+------------------+
+------------------+
| Language | Latest | Arch 1 | Arch 2 | ... | Arch n |
+-----------------------+--------+----------+------------------+
+------------------+
..
+-----------------------+--------+----------+------------------+
+------------------+
| Lithuanian Lietuvių | 3.1.1 | Download | Tested (3.1.0) | ... | Tested
(3.0.1) |
| | | | Untested (3.1.1) | | Untested (3.1.1) |
+-----------------------+--------+----------+------------------+
+------------------+
..

As you see, both versions can obviously be listed, and that's exactly
what I propose.

OK, but this would be a complexity that nobody wants to maintain.

And here's what could be done to save some horizontal space:
1) the "Latest Release" column could be removed;
2) Columns like "Linux 32-bit RPM" and "Linux 32-bit DEB" could be
merged, into one, and provide links to both DEB and RPM versions in the
same fashion as above (other merge criterias could be used too).

This would be an general idea that could be tested.

So, I still think separated tables and websites are the best to guide
the users to the appropriate files. Then it's just a question of how
to make them available and visible in the best way.

I'm OK with separate tables. But I'd prefer to see them all on the same
page.

I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced that an all-in-wonder solution is the best. Please keep in mind that someone has to maintain this all. And the complexity is already today reached.

Best regards

Marcus