2009/11/2 Marcus Lange <marcus.la...@sun.com>

> because it is the official suffix before it get tested and released. It's
> the same with a beta release.
>

>  Yes, they are not released so they remain release candidates, but actually
>> the actual code is same as released version. I think this degrades the
>> second table and makes some users wonder if this is the right place to
>> download builds from.
>>

> I don't think so because all builds have the same version number and the
> difference between final and RC is also written down above both tables: it's
> tested and untested.

I know, but I have a friend who wanted to download OOo 3.1 and got to
Slovenian download page and downloaded it. Since in the name of the file
itself included string RC2 he thought this is not a final release, as if it
was a beta or something one should not try if not a computer engineer so he
didn't install it...
There are many people who do not understand what RC means and even if you
give them a link to explanation or even explain it on this page, the first
thing they will search on this page is "Swedish" or "Slovenian" ...

I believe it is enough to distinguish the builds with the tested/untested
title, but not with "3.1.1 and older" and "3.1.1 RC", because they will not
get it, it is just so alike.

Also, the gsicheck tool should be made so bulletproof that if a SDF is
tested as OK there would be just no way that it can break a build - that way
testing for all language versions would become really obsolete. Or it should
be only tested in selected representative builds (some latin based scripts,
like one Slavic, one simple latin then one Cyrillic or Greek, one or more
Asian languages etc.) and not for every single language on the list. But
that is another topic... If it works for Czech language I am almost sure it
will work with Slovenian language, so maybe this is how the Slovenian team
could QA builds :)

Lp, m.