If I was asked to vote on moving to RTC I don’t know if I would be -1 but my
vote would be negative. Largely for the same reason as Gary. Yes, stuff has
been committed that I wish wasn’t but I can guarantee RTC wouldn’t have
fixed that. It is simply that I couldn’t review the commit in a timely manner.
That would happen whether it is RTC or CTR.

OTOH. If you want to move to a policy where every commit has to be done
through a PR that doesn’t require any approvals I could probably go for that.
That would leave a record in GitHub that is easier to wade through and
eview than email is. It also isn’t much harder to do. It could also have the
advantage of running a build against it through CI tooling. I would also be
in favor of saying merges should be prevented until a successful build of
the PR is completed. I have found too many times that people are
committing stuff and not doing a full rebuild so this would ensure that doesn’t
happen. And the extra time a CI build would take doesn’t seem like too
much of a burden to me.

In short, the only part about this I don’t like is having to wait for a review.
We all pretty much know the difference between something that should
be reviewed and something that doesn’t require it and follow that practice.

Ralph