> On Oct 19, 2023, at 1:47 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2023, at 16:31, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> I am -1 (i.e. - code commit veto) on any code change that causes the
>> Log4j 2 web site url (https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/) to no
>> longer work.
>> Since the staging site is a prelude to the live site I have to assume
>> this change will cause the main site url to change so I am -1.
>>
>> To be honest I am a little pissed. This all came about because
>> Christian wanted to switch to Jekyll [...]
>
> Why are you pissed? I am sorry if I would be the reason

1. I indicated I didn’t want changing to Jekyl to be the reason for changing to
Jekyll. So far, that appears to be the reason. I thought you mentioned
something about getting CI to work but the current process could have been
automated as well.
2. Switching to Jekyll seems to have changed the target directory with dire
consequences. As I stated, my experience with the ASF “CMS” is that you can
“layer” web sites on top of each other by using sub-dirs of the content
directory. I don’t recall the details as it has been several years since I
migrated the web sites from the old CMS to the Git tooling provided by infra.
But what I did was deliberate and on purpose.
3. The final consequence is that it seems that we must now use
logging-log4j2.staged.apache.org/log4j/2.x
<http://logging-log4j2.staged.apache.org/log4j/2.x>. Since staging is supposed
to exactly match live this means the live url now has to be
logging-log4j2.apache.org/log4j/2.x
<http://logging-log4j2.apache.org/log4j/2.x>. That is unacceptable.

Ralph