On Fri, Oct 20, 2023, at 18:43, Ralph Goers wrote:
> If I am reading this correctly that would mean we want all our projects
> to have an empty profile so that they all appear under
> logging.staged.apache.org <http://logging.staged.apache.org/> and
> logging.apache.org <http://logging.apache.org/>… ?

Please take everything cautiously because this knowledge is new to me, and I
may make mistakes - but yes, this is correct.

>From the log4j profile (latest commit changed something):
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site/commit/048bb9983cfb7e8549801c8a491a2adb0a6de433

It reads:

staging:
  profile: ~
  whoami: asf-staging
  subdir: content/log4j

It would mean "use logging.staged.apache.org (the ~), but generate the content
to the subfolder /log4j".
I left out the magic /content folder since it was a given. This magic folder
appears to be the problem that I raised with moving the main site to logging,
at least, that's what I understood from infra: because of the bug, we would
generate to /output, which confused the server.

If you want to maintain flume:

staging:
  profile: ~
  whoami: asf-staging
  subdir: content/flume

The same goes for asf-site, which is then deployed to the public destination.

You can look at the current config on this tool (for production sites only, it
seems):
https://infra-reports.apache.org/#sitesource

Christian