Am 07.12.14 um 14:31 schrieb Robert Muir:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Michael Wechner
> <michael.wech...@wyona.com> wrote:
>> About missing tests, I guess you experienced a buggy G1GC collector or
>> other JVM bugs and hence you
>> made this change, right? If so, I guess you will run the new code with
>> the existing buggy G1GC collector
>> and if an IllegalStateException is being thrown, then you will know that
>> something is wrong, right?
>> Or if I misunderstand, can you explain a bit more?
>>
> I assume at this point you are trolling (welcome to my /ignore, no
> reason to respond).

no, not at all. Sorry if I might sound a bit naive, but I just try to
understand better

> if you dont understand how tests

I think I do know how tests work
>  work and how jvm bugs work,

that is right, I am not experienced with JVM bugs, but I will try to learn
> you are
> not going to be successful here.

as said, I am mainly here because I want to build a better testing
system and I think Lucene/Solr is
a great project, but the testing could be better by introducing
additionally incremental testing and I believe the developers would
benefit from it and therefore the community at large.

Building Lucene/Solr took about 10 minutes on my 2011 MacBookPro and a
bit more than 1 hour to run the entire test suite. So I believe there is
room for improvement.

I appreciate every input I can get to better understand how you work
together and the problems you are solving
and how this might relate to testing.

Thanks

Michael