: by forward porting, not backporting. I thought this was pointed out (that
: cherry picking is really the only way to backport) in an earlier git
: thread, but I could be wrong.

I will take your word for it.

(I ignored most of the early "if/when/should/why" threads about switching
to git because i didn't want to feel compelled to stick a fork in my eye
-- but I skimmed enough to get the sense that there was no concensus on
merge/rebase/cherry-pick strategies.  So i didn't want to fall into an
assumption on *that* that would cause problems with being able to keep
track commits in jira -- which i do care about enough to stick a fork in
my eye, if neccessary, to ensure we don't make a trade off that winds
up giving up such useful info.)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/