: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11198
: I don't think this has to do with some branches being more significant than
: others.  I think it has to do with the fact that the commit has occurred
: multiple times (same hash); we just care about the first chronologically.
: Any way; further discussion of our theories on how to fix it should happen
: on the issue.

unless i'm missing something, only getting email/jira
notifications the first time a specific commit was seen would mean that
when backporting from master to 5x (or 6x down the road) there would be no
tracking email/comment ... which would make it much harder to know when
things were backported.

given a coice between the two, i'd much rather see additional
emails/comments for merges to WIP branches then be confused about if/when
something was backported (yes you can go search the git logs for
definitive info, but jira comments like that can save a lot of time when
trying to answer some questions(.

:
: On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM david.w.smi...@gmail.com <