There was 0 consensus from my perspective as well. Some projects make a new
branch and merge changes from it. You can do so many myriad of things,
which is why most projects come to guidelines and agreement on an approach,
but we seem to have some contributors of the mindset that if the new tool
supports something we need to use it to its full expressiveness. The one
way almost all projects don't go with git. Meh.

As far as I'm concerned it's still the Wild West. Although I'm hoping sense
prevails in a natural manner.

Mark