From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 05/03/17 16:56:09
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re:Release planning for 7.0

Hi,

It's May already, and with 6.6 lined up, I think we should start planning on
how we want to proceed with 7.0, in terms of both - the timeline, and what it
would likely contain.

I am not suggesting we start the release process right away, but just wanted to
start a discussion around the above mentioned lines.

With 6.6 in the pipeline, I think sometime in June would be a good time to cut
a release branch. What do all of you think?

P.S: This email is about 'discussion' and 'planning', so if someone wants to
volunteer to be the release manager, please go ahead. I can't remember if
someone did explicit volunteer to wear this hat for 7.0. If no one volunteers,
I will take it up.

-Anshum