We can certainly hold back cutting the branch, and/or release.

I'm headed to Berlin Buzzwords next week so I'd most probably be cutting
the branch over the next weekend or during the conference. I'll keep
everyone posted about the 'when' and if there are more contributors who
want me to hold back for valid reasons, I'd be happy to do so :).

I'm tracking all blockers (and critical JIRAs) for 7.0, and if anyone
thinks there's something that must be a part of 7.0, kindly mark the issue
as a blocker for 7.0.

-Anshum