Imagine a component that wants to have its own release cadence. Say, a 1.x
line of the component that supports certain features (across Solr 6x to 9x)
and 2.x line that supports certain other features (which are a big upgrade
from previous 1.x). A Solr UI can be a good example, where say 1.x uses
React and 2.x uses AngularJS.
Shoving such a component into lucene-solr repo makes no sense, given its
branching strategy is based on master / branch_8x (and later it will become
branch_9x and master).