I'm fine with standardization, whichever convention we choose.  I have
a slight preference for FooTest, for the same reason Gus mentioned,
but any standard is better than none here IMO.

> prefer that we not make a sweeping change like this until after Mark's "ref
> branch" is reconciled

Personally I disagree about the need to wait.  It'd be one thing if
there was an agreed-upon plan or a timeframe for merging "ref-branch".
But since that's not the case today, I don't think it makes sense to
ignore concrete/mergeable improvements.  It seems like a "bird in the
hand vs two in the bush" situation.  Especially when there are
strategies for handling the conflicts that might arise with Mark's
"ref-branch" (e.g. do the test renames on both master and ref_impl).

Jason