: LUCENE-XXXX:
:   Fixed a horrible nasty bug. (Joe Contributor via John Doe Committer)
:
: I propose we remove "via <committers name>" from CHANGES.txt. I don't

FWIW: as first glance i thought you were suggesting that we should only
use "(Joe Contributor, John Doe Committer)" ... which i would disagree
with becuase it implies John "contributed", when he may not have done
any real work except run the "svn commit"

It seems (on second glance) that you are actually arguing that that the
person who runs "svn commit" should get zero credit in CHANGES.txt --
unless they actually contributed to the development of the patch.

+1 ... sure, why not

-Hoss