> code change. I think *via* is pretty clear regarding credit, and I think it
> has value in it's information. Even if you simply commit someone else work,
> *you* are contributing to the issue. You better have reviewed it, you better
> be willing to take responsibility for it.

I don't think these are mutually exclusive. If you have contributed to
the issue and your gut feeling is you're part of the patch's effort,
you should include yourself as the author. If the patch is trivial
enough to just apply, I don't think adding the committer's name is
required (like Robert mentioned, bad patches can still be tracked from
revision control history so you'd know whom to blame anyway).

Dawid