On Jun 5, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> Opinions?

I disagree - I think it makes it really easy to track who actually did the
commit (the person *responsible* if it's a bad commit or a good commit) and I
think there is some credit in a committer applying someones patch. They are
doing the review and taking responsibility for the code change. I think *via*
is pretty clear regarding credit, and I think it has value in it's information.
Even if you simply commit someone else work, *you* are contributing to the
issue. You better have reviewed it, you better be willing to take
responsibility for it.

Appears I'm in the strong minority though.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com