 From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
To: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <dev@mahout.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <dev@mahout.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2013 2:10 AM
Subject: Re: Mahout's future

Saikat

These are all good suggestions.  I would have a hard time suggesting a
prioritization of them.

Does anybody remember what grant said about having another hangout?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 7:15, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to mention a few other things:1)It might be useful to take and embed
> a few already productionalized use cases into the integration tests in
> mahout, this will help additional users get on board faster2) Deep learning
> is really interesting, however I'd like to help research some common use
> cases first before tying this into mahout3) It'd be good to put some thought
> into  documenting when you would choose what type of algorithm given a
> production machine learning recommendation system to build, this would give
> more visibility for users into choosing the right mixture of algorithms to
> build a production ready recommender, often what I've found is that a bulk of
> the time in building productionalized recommenders is spent cleaning and
> filtering noisy data4) I'd like to also explore how to tie in machine
> learning algorithms into real time systems built using twitter storm
> (http://storm-project.net/), it seems that industry more and more is wanting
 to do real time analytics on the fly, I'm curious what type of algorithms we'd
need for this and back propagate these into mahout