On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 12:40 +0200, Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd be interested in having your opinions on this MS victory.
> I'm sure we can learn from our failures (although that was Sun who was
> the provider here) in this case. Any idea?
> Does somebody have more info on this? John? Ian?

I last spoke to Jim Jarvie back in October 2002 (the driving force
behind open-source in the Central Scotland Police). From memory, he had
the usual mix of Linux on servers and a few hundred desktops with
MS-Windows and Star Office. His successor, David Stirling has reached a
different conclusion as to the value of Star Office on the desktop - but
then no-one ever got fired for buying Microsoft.

John