Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
* When people asked the MP lead why she fired a MarCon the issue was sent to the CC.

Ian and Adam asked Laurent for the CC to intervene. The CC did not ask to see this and sent the issue back to the MP.

I could be mistaken, but I really think that Ian and Adam were asking for procedures; not for the CC to ask Jacqueline to tell us why she fired Ryan.

In fact, the CC dislikes intervening in a project's affairs. I brought the issue of the DLS to the CC because it involved money and a decision had to be made soon.

Ryan didn't ask for money. He said he wanted to go at his own expense.

* As Jean just said, only a very few people can modify the MP site.

Have people asked or volunteered?

Well, this is a bit tricky. If people leave because they are tired or stressed by the way the project is managed, it would be wrong of me to identify them. On the other hand, if I don't, you may think I'm making this up. Hmm... well, I'll tell you that two were web developers. One wanted to work on usability and another on a simplified interface for IZ. One wanted to work on a "classifieds" project to attract more volunteers. One was a good artist. One wanted to write documentation. One was a MarCon who got fired. One used to be marketing lead. And one was an OASIS OpenDocument TC member who brought an offer from the TC to partner with OOo Marketing.

But these examples shouldn't be necessary. Jean just wrote about her
experience. Chad wrote about his. Steven wrote about his. Ian used to
spend money on booths to promote OOo and got his motives questioned for
it and told not to do that again. So on the last conference he went to
he didn't. I used to spend 40 hours/week on OOo, doing QA, or writing
documentation, or web pages, or bi-weekly IRC talks, or tech support.
Today I don't. Although I'm still subscribed to the list, if you've
lost 35 of those hours to another project, that's like losing two volunteers.

Most of the people here are volunteers. They do not want to be in a
community or on a list where there are constant fights, constant
battles and  some fear.

You don't think that is an apt description of your email? No need to lose your temper Louis. If you think I'm wrong simply say so. I think that the project is a Cathedral and gave reasons. You are welcome to disagree politely.

If you do not like the OpenOffice.org project Daniel, why do you stay here?

OOo is an important project and I'd like to see it succeed. I participate in a way that I feel will help the project most. For example, by pointing out barriers to participation. That's the same thing that most people in this thread are doing.

Well, good for you. Perhaps one day you will be as popular as OOo. In the meanwhile: do not bother us with more of your baseless attacks.

I'm pretty sure I didn't attack anyone. I certainly didn't say anything bad about any individual. I can't imagine why saying that the project is a Cathedral is an attack. If I may give you some friendly advice, please consider the tone of your emails. Some people might take those as an attack, which is not what you want.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org