Hi Adam,

> Is what he's saying on his own personal website actually up to us? He is in
> his right to say whatever he wants.

You're speaking my thoughts.

> That said, if the layout is in a license that doesn't allow other people to
> use it then we should ask that it be removed as the site does not solely
> promote the benefits of the OpenOffice.org project.

As far as i understand it the terms of use of the official site allow
for copying the design even if you wanted to promote MS-Office with it.
But i might be wrong about that.

However, the logo is published under a special licence and he is hence
not free to use it.

> But
> I hope you can understand the confusion that's involved when you use a site
> that looks like OpenOffice.org, but doesn't solely promote it and actually
> promotes other vendors.  In any case I would change the look of your site,
> because the OO.org site you copied is not the best looking one.  I am sure
> you can certainly do better.

;-) Again, just what i thought.

André.