Hi Cor, all,
Cor Nouws wrote:
Ian Lynch wrote:

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 10:49 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
I guess lack of time and appropriate experience are important factors?

At the time I was exploring this it was more arguments about not having
a bank account to put money in, not saying how the money would be spent
and who controlled it,
OK, thats a point that is to be discusses anyway, shortly. I remember some posts about it (Sophie?), so probably in Lyon.

We (FR project) have one that is just starting on behalf of Cusoon http://oooboutique.manager-pro.com/ We have currently very few articles but more will come in September. Now, the argument of time is real. Claire Godard is managing it and it needs time to achieve all the process from the order to the invoice, the stock control, etc.

what could and could not go on the main web site
etc so I would say politics rather than time and experience. For one,
time can be bought so if an initiative makes money, it can pay for
itself. How much expertise do you need to organise printing T-shirts?
Several people have already done this through Cafepress anyway.
The process of deciding what to sell, what to be printed on it, to have it made ... it can be done very fast with a person on his own, just picking up what is on hand. With a group/community that takes some time and probably some have other, higher, expectations as well.

Yes, it take some time (about half a year for us) and you should have the initial money to invest in the stock too. But the most important remain in finding people interested in doing the work :-)

Nevertheless, I can't see any valid reason why OOo-merchandise shouldn't exist.
May be you could check also with other NLC projects if other OOo-merchandise exist and how it goes :-)

Kind regards
Sophie

To be honest, I don't have any interest now in trying to get this going,
I wasted too much time on it in the past and I have other things that
are taking almost 100% of my time now but I would encourage anyone else
who has the energy to see if attitudes have changed.
Can understand that.
Maybe others have interest.

Greetings,
Cor