Sharud wrote:

> As it is confusing with name "OpenOffice" , therefore we should raise this
> issue.

It is too late now, but
* "OpenOffice.org" should have been trademarked in at least every
major country, prior to being released;
* "OpenOffice" should have been trademarked in countries in which it
was not already a trademark;
* The OOo logos should have been trademarked, prior to release;

I realize that trademark registration is expensive. Without, there
will eventually come a point where OOo will be legally required
to/forced to change names, because the usage by OOo is a trademark
infringement. (What is the current number of countries where the OOo
L10N team has to use a name other than OOo when distributing it,
because of the trademark infringement.)

The other option is to rename OOo now, and trademark the new name in
at least the major countries of the world, prior to the release of the
new version with the new name.

xan

jonathon