Martin Hollmichel wrote (21-4-2008 17:24)
Cor Nouws wrote:
Martin Hollmichel wrote (21-4-2008 13:07)
Cor Nouws wrote:
Andrew Ziem wrote (17-4-2008 23:43)
Yes, there was confusion.

Not so strange, when you look at the splash screen ....
(of the localized m5 build, it clearly says 3.0 Beta)

It's the same we already did for the previous releases, at some time the Developer Snapshot come with the splash screen of the next release.

But m9 doesn't have it.

Which build do you use ?

I have m5 from
http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/localization/localisation28/
and m9 from
http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

Maybe the m5 I have (since last Wednesday) is prepared for localization, and therefore has another splash window?

Is this something we need to change ?

I doubt if this was the cause of the confusion, so better not take direct action on this, IMO.

If it was not the splash, what else was it ?

Possibly this one ?
http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=9087

Regards,
Cor
--

"The Year of 3" -2008- "Het jaar van 3"

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands - nl.OpenOffice.org - marketing contact