Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> Lars Nooden wrote:
>> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>
>>> In my eyes these colors have a message we shouldn't give up without
>>> having thought about the positive and negative aspects of this change.
>>> Same with the product information in the icons.
>>
>> Many icon themes use one or two colors (not counting greyscale shading).
>>  Is there a convenient way to set up a mask so that distros and versions
>> of distros can overlay their own colors?  Acceptance of the icons would
>> be easier if there were a simple way to tune them to fit in with
>> established desktop themes.
>
> ... would use their own icons.

A mask is a term from photography carried over to digital graphics.

To clarify what I wrote, ODF is used by many apps.  However, to address
your point, Juergen, we can focus on OOo.  OOo is provided by many
distros.  Each of those distros has at least one icon theme.  Those
themes have basic colors.  There are usually two main colors to a theme,
sometimes just one.

It would encourage adoption of the icons if it were easy for the theme
maintainers to use the icons but with their own colors.

It would also help if a logo or pictogram where used to identify ODF.

/Lars