Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Martin Hollmichel wrote:
again from my point of view there is no need, simply use the icons
as they are. As far as i know the icons were already suggested to
OASIS to become the default icon. Maybe it will change who knows
but then we should use the new ones, important is to use the
default ODF icons without any changes.
I'm not sure if I really understand your point why it is important
to have icons without any change, I can imagine that it will be
difficult enough to get an agreement of all teams (KDE, Gnome and
OpenOffice.org team) on an unified style at all, I would be fine if
there would are slight differences for the icons if the artistists
say they need to do some adoption to make them smoothly integrated
into their specific icon themes.

Indeed. Jürgen, as Michael already pointed out: we'll need to lobby
for that icon idea *first*. And believe me, not even providing an easy way to exchange colors is gonna fly in Linux land - just compare the totally different icon themes in e.g. Gnome and KDE (in the shapes, and metaphors used - and not even mentioning Moblin, Maemo etc.). Designers *will* veto anything that'll make their theme visually inconsistent, ask Stella.

i understand it and it is probably not easy to achieve. But i pointed out my personal opinion and that is to use the default icons as they are. Ok, maybe we need some more icons to address different design principals in general (e.g. Gnome, KDE). In case of OOo we would need all icons for the different themes as well, correct? The general idea of unique icons for ODF is a good one and we should better do promotion for it. Yes it would have been better to do this first and involve more people and groups. I can't change it and i wasn't involved too but i see the message and the idea behind it and that is worth to support. Are the icons really so bad? Or is it more a breached ego and of course the mistake that is was done behind the doors? I think the lesson is learned!

Juergen