Hi,

To clarify what I wrote, ODF is used by many apps.  However, to address
your point, Juergen, we can focus on OOo.  OOo is provided by many
distros.  Each of those distros has at least one icon theme.  Those
themes have basic colors.  There are usually two main colors to a theme,
sometimes just one.

It would encourage adoption of the icons if it were easy for the theme
maintainers to use the icons but with their own colors.
again from my point of view there is no need, simply use the icons as they are. As far as i know the icons were already suggested to OASIS to become the default icon. Maybe it will change who knows but then we should use the new ones, important is to use the default ODF icons without any changes.
I'm not sure if I really understand your point why it is important to have icons without any change, I can imagine that it will be difficult enough to get an agreement of all teams (KDE, Gnome and OpenOffice.org team) on an unified style at all, I would be fine if there would are slight differences for the icons if the artistists say they need to do some adoption to make them smoothly integrated into their specific icon themes.

Martin