Hi Juergen,

2009/11/25 Juergen Schmidt <juergen.schm...@sun.com>:
> Jens Habermann wrote:
>> I created a prototype for a new "all ODF" selection screen. Because of the
>> icons missing colors, all other color buttons ( templates, web... ) looks
>> strangely out of place. So i did this "monochromatic ODF" version. So we
>> have something visual to talk about...
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/e/ef/Startmenu.png
>>
>> Sorry I made a german/english mix, but it is about the design..
>> This is only a rough prototype for the only purpose to get the idea how
>> new icons can affect OOo!
>
> mmh, i am not sure if the start center is a place where we really have to
> use the icons. It's probably a place where some fresh ideas are more helpful
> than converting the existing one.

I remember that there has been a cws-build when we had the icons in
the first time. The icons appeared also in the startcenter there.

It is one of my problems when I think about the change. We have
developed a very straight branding and colour-scheme which goes
through much parts of OOo and using the ODF-Icons would break this up.

Just my 2 cents

Volker

--
++ Volker Merschmann - Content Developer OpenOffice.org
++ Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows -- http://de.openoffice.org/