Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

> I've been trying to get the Canadian equivalent of the ALA to adopt
> the ODF, and have also worked with the Swedish equivalent and others.
> The tide is turning--and I'm delighted to say, to a rational solution
> that favours open standards and sustainable tools.

IFLA would be another organization to work through.  Open Standards and
open source are in line with, one might say prerequisite to, the
organizational goals.  That's true especially for ALA, which has a
codified 'bill of rights' that could be brought up, dusted off and
looked at.  It was a really hot topic for discussion through the 1990's

This link addresses the current state of awareness and compliance.
http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/statementspols/statementsif/librarybillrights.cfm

/Lars