Hi Christine,

Christine Louise Beems wrote on 2010-01-21 15.52:

My intention would be:

<> To fund all the requests which have already been submitted exactly
the same way (by the same decision-making process) that such requests
have previously (traditionally, historically) been funded. This of
course would include allocating funding for the annual conference and
anything else that anyone already has on the calendar -- whether it is
for next week or next year :-)

<> To suspend decisions about all other requests until a (comfortable)
funding policy is developed.

ok, I see. That's basically what we do at the moment, I guess. Traditionally, marketing funding requests are two different items: costs for travels, mostly to trade shows or own events, and costs for collaterals. Every once in a while, there's a meeting, but that's it.

However, I'd like to be faster than 6 months. 2010 will be an exciting and demanding year, and we might need funding for "new" types of requests, so the more effective and thus sooner we can work on the policies, the better it is.

We have a fixed framework that is documented at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets and, together with my budget authorizers, I'd love to come up with some details on how this could work for marketing. Hope to have a draft to share soon.

<> Is there a global calendar of all OOo-funded activities?

Not yet. Louis tried to collect various events, but is not done yet -- it is, however, planned to have it public asap.

<> If yes, is it easily updateable by the volunteer?

That depends on how and where we publish it. Anyway, the volunteer can ask the responsible maintainer to update it on his/her behalf.

<> If yes, is posting a comprehensive announcement to that calendar a
requirement of receiving funds?

The basic principle on how funding requests work is documented at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets -- basically, the budget holder (me) has to agree to it first and then one of the budget authorizers (John, Cor, Italo) have to support it. Opinions of either marcon@ or d...@marketing are considered during this process.

I would not make it mandatory to have the event in the calendar, but it of course would be nice to have such a global calendar.

Florian