On 1/31/10 11:34 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On 1/31/10, Cor Nouws<oo...@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
Alexandro Colorado wrote (31-01-10 20:05)
On 1/31/10, Cor Nouws<oo...@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
Alexandro Colorado wrote (31-01-10 19:12)
my suggestion is to go to the education IRC rooom and understand where
ericb is comming from, is just better than trying to force an answer.
If a project lead accuses people or situations in the project, it is
nothing more than reasonable that he is asked for explanation.

So how is that different with what I said... he will get his explanation
there.

I think there is a difference. This is not about explanation to some
'he';  it is about responsible communication on the list.
So if Eric does his statements on public list, why should we move to IRC
for explanation?

Not sure why you are discussing an advice I gave to Juergen.
Cor just explained why i have replied on the mail nothing more. The medium if email or IRC is secondary. I preferred to keep the context.

Juergen

Maybe IRC can be used as intermediate step, but finally this must be
resolved in the very thread on the mail list. Either short or long, but
making clear that there is understanding between the people that work in
the project, that is recognized where improvements are/may be possible,
   where possible misunderstandings played a role, and which steps will
be made. Something like that.

I've little doubt that your project lead understands that working along
these lines is important for constructive cooperation. So it's Erics turn.

Regards,
Cor

--
   >>  Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org<<

Cor Nouws
    - nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
    - Community Council member

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Juergen Schmidt
Nagelsweg 55                 Technical Lead Programmability
20097 Hamburg, Germany

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht M¸nchen: HRB 161028
Gesch‰ftsf¸hrer: Thomas Schrˆder, Wolfgang Engels
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin H‰ring