>I'm not saying Oracle didn't invest time into OOo. I'm just saying I don't
want to support a company like Oracle or MS (MS also
> puts a lot of time and money into its suite, much more than Oracle)...

Oracle does still invest in OOo, they sponsoring OOoCon. And we really do
not know yet what their intentions are other than so far they have said they
will continue too. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of
the patent lawsuit ( yes we all hate software patents) Did not Eric Schmidt
work on the initial development of Java at Sun. He was fully aware of all
the legal ramifications when Google decided to "fork" it for there own use.
The suit might not be that frivolous as some suggest.

I allways thought of supporting OOo as away to help folks who cannot afford
MS Office, or those who just dont need such an an expensive piece of
software or those who want an alternative which happens to be free. But
mostly for the poor so they can have a tool which can empower them.  And if
it helps break up the MS monopoly in the process, all the better.