Hello everyone,

2011/5/25 Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>

> Hi,
>
> Louis Suarez-Potts wrote on 2011-05-25 16.55:
>
>  There are many good reasons to have any discussion as proposed by the
>> TDF—Florian and Sophie—on a neutral ground. I've mentioned the compelling
>> ones.
>>
>> And I also think we need to proceed very carefully here. Not only for
>> "community" reasons but also because a lot is at stake beyond our narrow
>> concerns.
>>

> I still do not understand why a discussion on the future of the
> OpenOffice.org project should *not* belong on a mailing list of that
> project, at least as long as it concerns the community directly.
>
> That being said, if there's a wide interest to have it elsewhere, I surely
> will not object, as long as we can have as much open and transparent as
> possible.

Yes indeed. I'd say that it was perhaps not the best thing to start
discussing these matters if it turns out to be not the best place. But I
also think that given the situation the OpenOffice.org project is, a neutral
place is not as critical as Louis might think. I certainly don't want to
upset the community here but I'm sure we should have that conversation now.
We all know each other, and we can all discuss about these things without
the need of a formal "neutral" place. But again, if the community feels it's
offensive we ought to go elsewhere.

Best

Charles.