Keep in mind there's another important situation that you can't control it like
this.

According to the ASF the -sources.zip are the official release, not the git
tag. This means that you should unpack the zip and be able to verify it on all
OSes.
In this case you don't control the EOL, it is based on the OS of the release
manager.
The only way to solve this is to generate files on the fly, or adjust them
before testing.

You won't see this issue with the CI server, only after a release and when
verified with different OSes.

thanks,
Robert