Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/05/2004 01:11:12 AM:

> It's easy to solve, don't code things as Ant tasks. If you're doing
> something new then there is absolutely no reason to bind your code to
> Ant. Make POJO and wrap it.

Can we do the same for Maven2 then? i.e.

"It's easy to solve, don't code things as Maven2 plugins. If you're doing
something new then there is absolutely no reason to bind your code to
Maven2. Make POJO and wrap it."

To me it looks like Maven2 is going the same way as Ant in this regard.
E.g. If we refactor out the 'delete' functionality from Ant (or the clean
m2 plugin) into a POJO, and simply call that from a plugin wrapper it
would make more sense. And they should be very thin wrappers too, so that
the POJOs are reusable elsewhere.

That way we'd be building up reusable code (like the jar and other plugins
are in m2).
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting