Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/05/2004 02:29:27 PM:

[snip]

> Read what was written, it is the POJO. The Plugin, AbstractPlugin,
> PluginExecutionRequest and PluginExecutionResponse are the 3k of
> dependencies mentioned in the previous email. The PluginExecutionRequest
> still have a reference to the core but not required except in one place.
> This is why the number of plugins has remained constant while these last
> bits are worked out.

I understand all that. I just think you're falling into the same trap as
Ant did.

Why should the delete functionality be tied to these dependencies? It
really doesn't need to be.
The plugin should simply call code that has nothing to do with Maven.
Stick the delete method into FileUtils or something.

Is this unclear or something?

Wouldn't it be easier to back port these to maven1, for example, if the
code wasn't tied to Plugin class?

> > So 4 out of 7 look ok. If Maven2 is supposed to fix the issues that
> > cropped up in Maven1, we really need to do it right from the outset.
>
> I'm not sure what issues you're referring to.

Reusability of code. Readable code. Magic-less code.

--
dIon