Piéroni Raphaël wrote:
Hello,

I have not so much time, but i am volunteering on this if some one can point
me to the 'dependency graph api'.
And i needed some idea of code to work at home. this one is especially
insterresting part (obviously the prolog one - Steve, if you can point me to
the java-prolog library you know. the only one i know (and never used) is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/amine-platform)

There are a couple attempts on graphing that have been merged and the code is available in the Mojo project:

http://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/maven-graphing/

Jung is a fine graphing library and it's BSD licensed and is what we intend to use for graph visualization. You can find it here:

http://jung.sf.net

Joekim and myself have been playing around with this and Joekim has something that looks pretty cool already. I highly recommend you look in there before attempting to start something different.

The source for the graphs will come from the Maven Repository Manager which will have a pluggable mechanism for performing any sort of analysis on the repository you wish. There is a mechanism now for walking around the repository which we are currently using for indexing the contents of a repository.

Regards,

Raphaël