Richard van der Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 04.12.2006
14:08:37:

> > Actually, before we jump into this, let's consider the use case at
hand.
> > While easily solved by pre-package at this point, we may find other
needs.

> To take these suggestions even further, perhaps the idea of a fixed set
> of phases is too limiting. An alternative would be to number phases,
> from (say) 0 to 1000, with the current named phases as aliases for 100,
> 200, etc. Then it's easy for plugins which need it to slip in an extra
> phase.

As I said before, I've had very good results with a build system in which
you can specify arbitrary phases and say "this phase depends on that one".

So I could say "package depends on prepackage-tomcat-war" and maven sorts
everything out.

This of course means maven has to load all plugins (or at least the
configs) at startup.

Aaron Digulla