On 12 Mar 07, at 12:22 AM 12 Mar 07, Jerome Lacoste wrote:

On 3/12/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11 Mar 07, at 9:48 PM 11 Mar 07, Jerome Lacoste wrote:

[...]

Some days ago we talked about trying to not expose the internal maven
> plexus-utils to the projects it builds.

I have done work on trunk and am working with Torsten to finish the
minijar plugin to hide internal dependencies.

> I see that 2.0.6 will have plexus-utils 1.4 (
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2828) but will the root issue
> be also
> fixed in 2.0.6 ?

It's actually 1.4.1, but it's really the surefire plugin which is
going to cause grief.

Do you mean that hiding the dependencies will break the surefire plugin ?

No, hiding the dependencies means that usage of p-u would be scrambled inside the Maven core, and plugins would be free to load whatever version of p-u they wanted to.

Jason.

I have several plugins that would benefit from using the latest plexus-utils and if I got it right, they won't be able to do it until this is fixed.