Mark, can you merge your changes into the trunk of maven-artifact? I'm willing to try them out with 2.1.x.

If we can work in tandem there to validate and test that would be great. Thanks for taking the time to test 2.0.x. I really, really hope we can get this to work as it means that people using the library independently, 2.1.x and 2.0.x will be using the same code that that would be fantastic.