On Dec 12, 2007, at 9:47 PM, Dan Fabulich wrote:

I tweak the test to add a MAVEN_OPTS environment variable, including the -Xrunjdwp string. (It would be easy to add some sugar to Verifier and/or Invoker to make this easier; I didn't want to go fooling around with the Verifier, so I just copied and pasted out of my notes when I needed this.)

Do you have an actual example of this that I can look at?

As for the rest, I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I definitely agree that this Tower of Babel approach to things that we have in place now isn't helpful. I'm still not completely convinced that it's effective to do all of this through the IDE (yet), but I'm definitely willing to see an example of how it can be improved, as long as this doesn't mean compromising readability or debug-ability of headless build logs, as in the case of a test failing on the CI server, but not on my localhost.

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org